Last Sunday, I turned 31. I had a little bit of anxiety last year about turning 30, but for 31, it was smooth sailing. Most days, I feel about 26. If you’re only as old as you feel, then I’m in good shape 😀
To go along with that, here are 7 things about me that you probably didn’t know:
1) I’m a Libra, and I’m truly a Libra, through and through. I love reading my horoscope for fun. Sometimes it can be so eerily accurate.
2) I was the girl least likely to leave home, but I turned out to be the big adventurer in my family. I was bitten by the travel bug at an early age, but I was also very much a momma’s girl, which is why people were surprised when I packed up and moved from Pennsylvania to Florida at 22. After that, all bets were off!
3) I’m a beer lover, so no fruity, girly cocktails for me. In the summer, I like to keep it light with Modelo and Corona, and in the fall and winter, I love a good porter or stout. Yum
4) Some people prefer the beach, some prefer the mountains. I love both! Take me to a sunny seaside escape or a cozy cabin in the woods; either one suits me just fine.
5) My “bucket list” includes parasailing and going on a paranormal investigation, among other things.
6) I’m not fluent in Bulgarian, but after spending so much time there and being immersed in the language, I have a really good grasp of it. I did make a big effort to learn when I first started dating my husband, and after living there for 2 years, I can follow conversations with ease.
7) My husband is the chef in our family, but I’m the baker. I make a mean chocolate chip cookie!
So when I started this site, I was mostly anonymous. It was something that I struggled with, which I wrote about here. 9 months in, and I’m feeling much more comfortable. I’ve always had a little photo of myself as a Gravatar, but I recently added a picture to my About page:
I plan on using more of my own photos on here, rather than just using free images from the web. I really feel comfortable on this site now, and I’d like to connect on a more personal level with readers. I think sharing more of myself is the best way to go about doing it. I hope that you’ll agree 🙂